Investment Pieces: The Kinds Of Shapewear You'll Wear The Most
We've all got several 'investment' pieces of lingerie and underwear. The kind of bras, panties, and nightgowns that you know you'll be wearing on a regular basis.
From, easy to slip on sports bras to seamless panties or thongs. Because VPL is a real thing (and an unforgivable fashion faux pas).
Investing in one or two shapers, with power design for your body shape and maximum efficiency is a smart move. Your wardrobe and all the activities and occasions you have planned will only benefit from these shapewear solutions.
In fact, one might even go so far as to call it practical. Because shapers are no longer reserved for photo opportunities and special occasions. You can even wear them every day if you feel so inclined. They're just that good.
With that being said, here are our suggestions for investment shapewear:
WHAT: Full-Body Shaper Suits
WEAR: Dresses (Casual & Formal) | Body-Con Dresses | Jumpsuits & Rompers
Odd lumps, bumps, and fabric bunches can ruin the look of an otherwise flirty sundress, sexy body-con, or flattering, high-waist romper. Cute little rolls and folds can be smoothened out with shapers, but take note; the wrong type of shapewear worn under sheer, clingy, or mildly form-fitting fabric may result in a very unnatural (and unflattering) shape.
Take the most popular shapewear piece: the waist cincher/waist trainer. Most women make the mistake of wearing one when they're dressed in a figure-hugging number. This, unfortunately, can create even more rolls or bunch at the top and bottom of the cincher.
You don't want to use shapewear pieces that cut abruptly into areas that can easily be seen, i.e., bum, thighs, waist, or stomach.
For this reason, full-body, one-piece shaper suits are your best bet. A firm control shapewear will do wonders in smoothing everything out in one piece.
For those days when you want to look and feel fresh, flirty, and carefree, get a full-body, one-piece shaper suit. From a built-in bra to a thigh shaper, it covers a wide range of areas so you don't need to think about "local spots".
That way, everything – from the top of your torso to the bottom of your bum – is tucked in and flattened out. While also highlighting your natural shape.
- Opt for one with an open bust design – like this CoreSculpt™Tummy Control Full Body Shaper or this AirSlim® Seamless Open Bust Bodysuit Panty – to pair with your favourite bra.
- Opt for something like the CoreSculpt™ Hourglass Full Body Shaper; a high waistband for a tighter waistline and a reverse zipper for a smoother, sleeker design.
- Whenever you need to wear something that hugs your curves and accentuates all your best assets, why not play it up a little? Try fits like the PowerConceal™ Seamless Tummy Control Butt Lifter Bodysuit. It has a high, breathable fabric sturdy waistband to eliminate muffin tops and a moderate butt-lifting design.
- For a super-snug, super-toned fit, try the CoreSculpt™ Extra Shaper Bodysuit (but only if the fabric of your dress is thick—otherwise the hooks could cause little bumps!).
- If you're working with thinner or sheerer fabric, go for something with internal hooks. This CoreSculpt™ Zipper Crotch Bodysuit Shaper hides both the zippers and hooks on the inside. It also uses dropping glue to prevent edge rolling!
WHAT: Shaper Shorts
WEAR: Casual Everyday Wear | Tight Bottoms/Tops | Workout/Athleisure Wear
Shaper shorts give you total tummy control whenever you want it.
We get it – sometimes slipping into a full suit or dealing with a million little hooks and straps is not something you want to do every day. But shorts that you can step in and out of as easily as you would regular bottoms? One extra layer is all you need to look tight, toned, and effortlessly tucked in, with all the benefits of firm control shapewear.
Shaper shorts are absolutely ideal for outfits that highlight your mid to lower torso. You won't need to "suck it in" for impromptu photo ops. These shaper pieces will be doing that for you.
(Shop Tummy-Control Shapewear)
- Pieces that have built-in butt lifters can give you a little extra junk in the trunk—for those days when you feel like swaying those hips! Try the CoreSculpt™ haper Shorts with Butt Lifter for hassle-free wear and removal.
- Had a big meal but still need to go out and look snatched? Pieces like the CoreSculpt™ Firm Tummy Compression Butt Lifter and the AirSlim® High Waist Shaper Shorts come with compression technology and layered fabric to really flatten your tummy and accentuate your curves.
- Want to really break a sweat? Slip on shaper shorts beneath your workout clothes to really get your core working! The NeoSweat® High Waist Shorts with Butt Lifter is made of polyurethane and neoprene material that accelerates sweat and fat burning.
- Keep things really simple – and seamless – with high-waist shaper shorts that have no zippers, hooks, or snaps—like this PowerConceal™ Seamless High Waisted Shorts shaper piece - is the perfect choice.
WHAT: Seamless, Hook-Less/Zipper-Less Suits & Sets
WEAR: Active Wear & Athleisure Wear | Casual, Comfy Clothes
Whether you're absolutely obsessed with the gym or you stick to twice-a-week workouts to keep healthy, you probably have a nice, dependable set or two of sportswear.
You don't need to necessarily wear shapers while exercising, but it helps to know that the options are there, right? (for some extra control)
Contrary to popular belief, shapewear is 100% safe to work out in (if you do it properly, see here). The right fit, cut, and style can even supplement your results! After all, shapewear has expanded beyond inflexible waist trainers and steel-boned corsets. You've got shapers that are as flexible, sweat-wicking, and comfortable as regular workout clothes!
If you want to invest in a shaper or two, seamless, hook-less pieces work for most any occasion, this is a step above the traditional shapewear.
- Shapewear Leggings are the ultimate in comfy luxury. When you've got to slip something on and go, do you grab the nearest pair of stiff denim jeans? Didn't think so. Shapers designed like the NeoSweat® Waist Slender Leggings and NeoSweat® Active High Waist Leggings are made of a fabric blend that is highly elastic, offers light to medium compression, and is lined with anti-slip strips.
- Shaper suits like the AirSlim® Shaping Low Back Thong Bodysuit hug your curves and highlight your best parts while still allowing you to breathe. It's like wearing a breathable swimsuit and slimming shaper in one!
- You can't get any simpler and smoother than shaper shorts and shaper bra sets made primarily for comfort and lightweight control. The AirSlim® Seamless Sculpt Mix comes with two pieces that you can wear individually or together for a smooth silhouette. Get a 2-in-1 bust bodysuit shapewear result with the freedom of a 2 piece shaper. Say goodbye to VPL no matter what you're wearing!
- Shrug on a backless shaper suit – like the AirSlim® Backless Underwear Thong Shapewear – for when you've got on a loose, airy tank top, slightly low-cut tank top.
To choose your investment shapewear pieces, think back at the activities you do most and work your way backwards. With some research and guidance you'll start building your classics and go-to pieces in no time. Rip the shapewear benefits' from technical performance to seamless looks for an hourglass figure in the gym, for casual wear or special occasions.